Microdermabrasion is a medical process in which the dead outer layer of the skin cells is removed using light abrasion. The procedure is painless and needs no hospitalization. It triggers the re-growth of damaged skin by inducing the body’s natural healing process to help grow the healthy skin cells in the affected area.
The process includes the application of micro-crystals to “sand off” the top layer of the skin. The treatment is mild and does not need anesthesia. Regular Microdermabrasion sessions are the best way to keep your skin youthful. Before you make up your mind for Microdermabrasion Sydney, here are a few you should know.
For various skin types
- The results of the procedure vary from person to person. Your skin type is an important consideration. People who have very sensitive skin must not undergo the procedure as the outcome is more likely to worsen your skin condition.
- People with oily skin are more likely to see changes in them. They will notice reduced acne spots, smaller pores and also the reduction in the appearance and size of blackheads and whiteheads.
- The procedure brightens the skin of the patients having dry skin will notice a brightness in their skin. The process takes away the flaky skin that tends to make you look dull. So for this reason, you may observe sudden improvement in your skin.
- It eliminates the very top layer of the epidermis that helps the skin to take in moisture very quickly.
- The procedure helps you get rid of fine lines and blemishes.
- After undergoing the procedure for once, the doctor monitors the skin to find the optimal frequency for repeating the treatment.
- Right after the treatment, your skin looks flushed and red.
- In two to three days, these symptoms subside and your skin will start looking better. When your skin starts feeling good, then it is the right time for another session.
Microdermabrasion is an apt treatment for dull and damaged skin. It just takes 30-minutes for the process to get complete. Patients can resume to their normal activities right after it.
In Hills Medi Spa, Microdermabrasion is performed using New Microdermabrasion and Sonophoresis machine. Sonophoresis is a non-invasive method that uses ultrasonic technology, warmth and motion energy to reach the deeper layers of the skin so that active ingredients get absorbed, in a better way to give the best results. For more information on the procedure, call us and talk to our specialists.