In Autumn, skin dryness is very common. This is because of the sudden decrease of humidity in the air. If you do not take care of your skin well in this season, your skin turns parched and flaky. This is the reason it becomes important to prevent your skin from getting dry. Excessive dry skin is also more prone to wrinkles, fine lines and many other skin problems.
A few tips that can help you combat dry skin this autumn.
- Do not take long baths. Also, avoid taking hot baths. Hot water bath is relaxing, but in reality it is not good for your skin. Hot water takes away the moisture from your skin and makes it drier. Limit the duration of your bath to less than 10 minutes and use lukewarm water instead.
- Keep your skin moisturized no matter what skin type you have. Use something that fits your skin type. People having dry skin should switch to mild products, or natural remedies.
- We all think that the sun is stronger in summer, no doubt it is, but it is important to use sunscreen year around. This helps in preventing further damage to the skin. Sun blocks prevent the appearance of imperfections such as brown and age spots on your skin.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids. Take supplements like omega3 and Vitamin E every day. Avoid taking too much alcohol and caffeine.
- Get a facial treatment at least once a month. Facials can help you get rid of dead skin cells. This allows the moisturizer to penetrate deep into the skin. Facial treatments keep your skin free from all impurities. Take facials from a professional skin care clinic.
Autumn is a challenging season for all, especially for those people suffering from dry skin conditions like Psoriasis, Eczema, and Dermatitis. Since the weather becomes drier and wetter during this season, it becomes challenging for them to take care of their skin. People suffering from these skin conditions must stay regularly in touch with their doctors and follow all the precautions.
Many of us look forward to this cool and colorful season. Taking care of your skin properly can add to your welcome spirit. Hydration both internally and externally is the key to enjoy this weather. If you follow these simple steps, your skin will experience fewer flare-ups, while making you look beautiful and glowing always.
For more tips on skin care during the autumn season, call us. Our team of skin specialist is available for helping you with your queries.